cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Analog line rings 2 times before AA is picked up

tony.hanson
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer who has 6 (h323)analog lines and when dialed is PLARed which goes to AA, however when I dial the number it rings 2 times before the AA picks up. I even tried to attach an analog phone to lines and does the same thing.

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This behavior can be due to caller ID on FXO ports. Are you using caller ID? Under voice port configuration, do you have caller ID enabled, such as:

voice-port 0/0/0

caller-id enable

If you are not using caller ID, disable it on the voice ports with the command "no caller-id enable".

Hope this helps.

Brandon

I am using caller-id under the port. The customer wants to have this feature and that's why we're using h323. So when this is under the port it will take 2 rings?

Normally, caller ID info is delivered on the second ring. You can try using the "ring number 1" command in voice port configuration, but this may prevent the transmission of caller ID.

Brandon

Sorry if I jump in, to add to excellent buffin's reply, here is yet another case where ISDN BRI would have given all the features with half of the physical lines and none of the hassle!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: