TFTP Write Error

Unanswered Question
Apr 18th, 2007
User Badges:

On some phones I'm getting this message when trying to change ring types...

TFTP Write Error: File DIST (that's all I can see, I'm assuming the rest will say "DISTINCTIVERINGLIST.XML")

After a few seconds it will say "Ring List Unavailable!"

Again, this is only some phones. I've reset the phones, restarted the Cisco TFTP service and recreated the DistinctiveRinglist.xml file. I also tried setting the Everyone - Full Control permission to the file. I can't reboot CM until tonight, so if that's the next step, I'll take it later.

Any ideas on a fix I can implement without interrupting service?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
carenas123 Wed, 04/25/2007 - 07:12
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

The error message you are seeing is caused by not having the "DistinctiveRingList.xml" on the tftp folder.

You need to have "Ringlist.xml", " DistinctiveRingList.xml " and "RingList.dat" files in C:\Program Files\Cisco\TFTPPath directory on the TFTP server. All those files make reference to .raw files, so you need to make sure all the required .raw files are in the tftp folder also.

tboynton Tue, 05/08/2007 - 08:59
User Badges:

Kdotten36, did you find a solution? I have the same problem on some 7960 phones. All 3 files are on the tftp server and 99% of my phones are able to change their rings with no problems, but I have a few 7960's that give the ringlist not available error. This is on CM 5.1.

kdotten36 Tue, 05/08/2007 - 09:06
User Badges:

yea but it was just rebooting the CM and resetting all the phones. i'm 4.2.

Knightvoice_2 Wed, 10/10/2007 - 06:41
User Badges:

I am having the same problem. Only a few 7960's cant access certain rings.Just bumping this up to see if someone can help

Knightvoice_2 Fri, 10/12/2007 - 07:08
User Badges:

Do you mean the .raw filename or display name? I appreciate the suggestion but most of the standard ringtone filenames are greater than 10 char i.e "Are you There", "Claasic Ring 1"

The problem is only on a handful of 7960's with multiple lines. I can change the rings on a few lines at first and then I lose the ability to acces the distinctive and regular ring lists. The error is TFTP Wrie Error" DistinctiveRing... then Ring List unavailable . Someone had mentioned to me that the phone cannot handle all the changes and may be running out of flash memory. I have to factory reset the phone in order to access the list again. Is there a way to tell the amount of memory a phone has?

Thanks

paolo bevilacqua Sat, 10/13/2007 - 02:59
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Which FW are you running on the phones? Can you upgrade to 8.0.7 and try again ?

RONNIE HIGGINBOTHAM Thu, 07/02/2009 - 15:36
User Badges:

Just posting to see if you ever found root cause for this. I have been noticed the same issue.

Actions

This Discussion