Ring phones on 2 clusters simultaneously with 1 "pilot" number

Unanswered Question
Apr 18th, 2007

I have an enterprise technical support issue where two clusters are linked via an inter-cluster trunk and I want to ring two groups of phones simultaneously when a pilot number on one cluster is dialed - more details follow:

- Cluster 1 has 10 phones and Cluster 2 has 8 phones.

- A "pilot number" in Cluster 1 is dialed

- The goal is to have all 18 phones ring simultaneously.

I tried Line groups with a member forwarded to cluster 2 via an inter-cluster trunk access number - I CFwdALL a hard IP phone (and CTI route point) configured as Cluster 1 Line grp, to the ICT access number on cluster 2 - did not work.

Does anyone have suggestions?

Thanks.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Aaron Harrison Thu, 04/19/2007 - 01:35

Hi

Your problem is that CM will only cause two destinations to ring at once if they are lines which it knows the status of (i.e. local IP phones to the cluster).

What you need is to get an app that will route calls to two 'external' destinations (which just happen to be two broadcast hunt groups, one on each cluster).

MobilityManager does this sort of thing I think (as I believe CM6 will) but for now perhaps consider this:

http://www.myvoipsource.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=55&Itemid=85

I've had good results from other apps on this site but not got round to trying this one yet. Basically you want to end up with a pilot number, that calls out to the two hunt groups blindly as if they were home/mobile numbers.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

l.mourits Thu, 04/19/2007 - 02:14

How about this?

Create one pilot number for a broadcast group in each clusters (PN_C1 and PN_C2).

Create these groups just as you would normally create a broadcast group in one cluster.

Then, create a pilot number (PNgroup) pointing to another broadcast group in cluster 1 (this broadcast group has only two members, the two CTI route points).

Then, forward CTIRP1 to pilotnumber PN_C1 in cluster 1, and forward CTIRP2 to pilotnumber PN_C2 in cluster 2 (with the CTI trunk prefix, if needed).

I did not have a chance to test this, but this is the approach I would follow.

HTH,

Leo

-- remember to rate helpful posts

valagappan Fri, 04/27/2007 - 22:10

Leo, I was also looking to do something like this and tried your way. But this does not seem to work.

"Then, create a pilot number (PNgroup) pointing to another broadcast group in cluster 1 (this broadcast group has only two members, the two CTI route points)" <<<<< I dont see the CTI route points listed here to select from.

Thank you,

Veera

Actions

This Discussion