Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 350~unloved

Sanfordadmin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

Well I am back, I was able to flash the IOS and I am able to access configuration. Now the issue is that I am trying to access the GUI, so I can configure the settings. The IP address the IPSU (thank you cisco) gives me the ip address of my access point, but when I do try to access it from the Internet (using firefox), I get a timeout error.

So anyone have any thoughts on my new and so unloved issue?

5 Replies 5

Iain
Level 4
Level 4

Connect a serial cable to the console interface and verify that you are using the correct IP address. If IP is correct verify that the http service is running.

Yes, I did that and is the Http:// service working? I am truly not sure. I had to configure the FA0 to a 192.168.1.1/255.255.255.0 . My thinking was it would allow me to at least upload it... Apparently not, so Is there some SOP for the basic HTTP service? A simple yet effective way for me to add in some numbers so I can just get it to upload?

Are you able to ping that address after assigning it?

I know on the newer APs the IP addressing is actually assigned to the BVI interface. You should check the config guide. It's probably something simple that is giving you trouble.

No, I can not ping the unit. Now, I dont have the config guild. My company bought out a smaller one, and I so happen to get this unit. So my bright self said lets put it to use, but its becoming more of a hassle then I think its worth(since I have no guide). I think I will just buy a new one.

Dood, the config guides are free.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps458/products_installation_and_configuration_guides_list.html

I'm sure the unit would work, but it definitely isn't going to be impressive by todays standards. You should buy a 1242 if you're looking for a nice unit.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card