Views
Helpful
Replies

IPMA -Both phones in a pair ring simultaneously

nbassel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a question about IPMA configured for proxy mode on CCM 4.1(3).

Is it possible to have the assistant/manager pair of phones ring simultaneously for an incoming call?

Thanx,

NB

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Nadia,

I thought that this was a pretty interesting question. Unfortunately, after much searching I can't find a way to accomplish what you are looking for. I am guessing that you want Sahred-Line funtionality (where both phones do ring simultaineously) with a Proxy-Line setup. I can't see this being possible :(

Hope this helps! I know that it probably doesn't.

Rob

Hi Rob,

I too was unable to find any information on this request.

Is it possible to setup a shared-line configuration for this pair while keeping the config for other pairs using Proxy mode?

Thank you,

NB

Hi Nadia,

It is possible to run both Shared-Line Mode and Proxy-Line mode in the same CCM cluster. Have a look;

The Cisco IP Manager Assistant (Cisco IPMA) feature enables managers and their assistants to work together more effectively. Cisco IPMA supports two modes of operation: proxy line support and shared line support. The Cisco IPMA service supports both proxy line and shared line support simultaneously in a cluster.

Note: Cisco IPMA with proxy line support coexists in the same Cisco CallManager cluster with Cisco IPMA with shared line support.

From this excellent doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803f3ab3.html#wp1071923

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thank you for the information and the link provided.

NB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: