Views
Helpful
Replies

MOH and Conferencing does not work

prakashar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

MOH nad Conferencing does not work at all.MOH Servers and Conf Bridge are activated and registered.Music Files are loaded into the default directory i.e DropMOHAudioFileshere.But I dont get to hear any Music when on hold.

4 Replies 4

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

Was this working before or is it a new installation?

Make sure to have access to the MOH servers and the Conference Bridge through the Media Resource Group List and Media Resource Group.

Also make sure to enable the IP Voice Media Streaming service.

If everything was working before I would recommend you to reset the Conference Bridge and the MOH server and finally reset the IP Voice Media Streaming service.

HTH

//Jorge

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Are your conference resources and MOH servers added to MRGs?

If so, ensure that the MRGLs containing the MRGs are assigned to devices - the easiest way is to the the MRGL on each device pool.

Also verify if your phones are set to use G729 or G711 as by default MOH will only work for G711, and CM software conferencing is only capable of mixing G711 streams.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts.

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

There is one more Error message seen in my Applications Screen on My Computer Icon,

Error:

Error: kDownloadMOHFileFailed - Download request failure.

File Name: Things_Are_Looking_Up.ULAW.wav

App ID: Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming App

Cluster ID: StandAloneCluster

Node ID: HMICCMPUB

Explanation: The TFTP download request failed.

Recommended Action: Validate the TFTP IP address in the database and that the file exists..

After the wav/mp3 file is converted to all the appropriate formats ulaw,alaw,wb,g729 it will place them in the default location noted in the services of C:\Program Files\Cisco\TFTP\MOH, however it will not place the file on all the other servers in your cluster that you have MOH enabled on and using. Place the files that it created for Things_Are_Looking_Up.Codec.X on all the other server locations mentioned above. It cannot find the file to use.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: