Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

dmgtd log child process status ?

Hi to all!

is it possible monitoring all ciscoworks process on windows machine, and forward a syslog messages (ex. "process down") to another manger like CIC?

In the syslog.log I cannot retrive this information. I have to set the log level.

There is another log file where the dmgtd daemon writes its messages?

There is a configuration file about this daemon?

thanks a lot

Leonardo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The syslog.log is written to by the CWCS Syslog service (crmlog.exe). However, these messages are not proper device syslog messages, and will be counted as Invalid messages by SyslogCollector. You will not be able to create Automated Actions for them. Instead, you will need to write your own application to read the dmgtd messages from syslog.log, and forward them were you want them to go.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The syslog.log will contain information about daemons being stopped and started by default. These messages are written to syslog.log via syslog to 127.0.0.1 on udp/514. These messages are intercepted by our syslog daemon, crmlog, and written out to the syslog message file (which is syslog.log by default).

A sample daemon startup message is:

dmgtd[1552]: 3007(I): Started application (ConfigMgmtServer ...

A sample daemon stop message is:

dmgtd[1552]: 3017: Application (ConfigMgmtServer, pid=3260080) stopped by request.

It would be up to you to parse this file, and forward the messages on to CIC.

ok Jclarke.. thanks it's very helpful, but.. which cw process write on syslog.log file?

I can configure an automatic action, like done for devices, to capture a specific string inside the syslog.log file?

TKS

Leonardo

The syslog.log is written to by the CWCS Syslog service (crmlog.exe). However, these messages are not proper device syslog messages, and will be counted as Invalid messages by SyslogCollector. You will not be able to create Automated Actions for them. Instead, you will need to write your own application to read the dmgtd messages from syslog.log, and forward them were you want them to go.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: