cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LAP mensagge

ricardorojas123
Level 1
Level 1

I have a LAP 1131AG-A-K9, and when i attempt configure other parameters the follow message appears:

ERROR!!! Command is disabled.

What is the meaning of this message?

7 Replies 7

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ricardo,

LWAPP APs are managed and configured centrally from controller. So you can configure the AP from controller.

What exactly you are trying to configure? Are you facing some problem in AP joining your controller?

Regards,

Ankur

I need static pre-configure the ap ip address, gateway and the address of the controller, throught CLI. I configure static ip information of AP througt wireless lan controller, but now I need make it through CLI.

Hi Ricardo,

If your AP has already joined the controller you can use this command to configure static ip address from controller CLI

config ap static-ip enable

But if you want to do this from AP console it will not be that easy and you need to follow some tedious steps for the same.

I will recommend you that if your AP have joined the controller always try configuring your AP via controller.

HTH

Ankur

Ok Ankur, thank.

But I have another question, which is the command (CLI) for reset the AP to its default values?

Hi Ricardo,

If your AP had joined the controller then you can issue a command on controller CLI as "clear ap-config "

HTH

Ankur

*Pls rate all helpfull post

Ankur

My LAP is not joined in the WLC,el AP is disconnected of controllers, I can reset the AP to default values from the CLI of the AP?

Hi Ricardo,

Tough job but lets give it a try

From AP console issue a command "clear lwapp private-config" and see if it helps.

It should remove pre-existing static IP addresses and controller addresses, allowing them to be reconfigured manually.

If not AP can be returned to factory defaults by removing power, holding down the MODE button, applying power with the MODE button held down and keeping the MODE button held until the LED turns amber, then releasing the MODE button.

If this also does not help there are some drastic ways which we can discuss if this fails.

HTH

Ankur

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: