cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks ACL Manager 1.6 Odd Error

loughlind
Level 1
Level 1

I know I know 1.6 is EOL, but it's the tool I've been given :(. Anyway, ACL Manager 1.6 is giving me an odd error on a previously working device. I've removed it and readded it hoping it would help. When I click on the router under the device tree I get the following Java error:

Exception while getting device attributes: IDL:AclmModule/AclmException:1.0

The device does not have a key icon anymore. I wonder what that means.... I can't see any ACLs or any templates under that device. It looks blank...

Any ideas, other than throw out ACL Manager?

Thanks,

Danny

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You first need to suspend the device in RME, then you can delete it from the suspended state. So once the device is moved to the suspended state, click on the Suspended link, and then choose to delete the device. ACLM should then be updated that the device is gone.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please provide the full output of the Java Plug-in console. Also, check the NMSROOT/objects/aclm/AclmLog.log and SystemOutErr.log for any errors when you reproduce this problem.

Thank you! I've attached all three outputs that you requested.

-Danny

FSU, eh? I'm not sure if I should help you. GO CANES!

Well, maybe just this once. Looks like you have a corrupted baseline data file for this device. If you go to NMSROOT/objects/aclm/data/baseline, you should see a .device file where is the name of your device as it appears in ACLM.

To fix the problem, first delete this device (once more) from ACLM, then shutdown dmgtd. Next, remove this baseline .data file, and any .metadevice file in this directory for this same device.

Then restart dmgtd, re-add your device, and you should be set.

>"Next, remove this baseline .data file, and"..

.data? did you mean .device?

When I readd the device under ACLM, will it pick up my acls and templates and whatnot?

Thanks!

Danny

Sorry, yes, the .device and any .metadevice file (that have the same name as your problem device). After deleting this file, you will lose some data in ACLM for this device, but if you do not do this, you won't be able to do anything with your device anyway.

Ok, I deleted the rsb-c1 (hostname of the device) out of aclm. I then moved out the .device and .metadevice. I rebooted cisco works. I then went back into aclm.

In aclm, i clicked "add device". I went to "all devices" and found rsb-c1 in there. I clicked add on it. And it got added just as before without a key icon. I got the error in my java client same as before. I've attached the javaconsolelog, aclmlog, and systemouterr.

Any ideas? Should I have just added rsb-c1 from scratch without going to "All Devices"?

Thank you!

Danny

This is a different exception. It indicates the device was not properly removed. You should make sure this device gets removed from RME, then re-added from scratch into RME, then into ACLM.

Also, since you were getting an EOFException before, I wonder about free disk space. Make sure you are not running out of disk space on the volume that contains NMSROOT.

When I goto RME->Inventory->delete devices

I should delete it from there, but do I also delete it from the suspended state out of "import status"?

Thanks,

Danny

You first need to suspend the device in RME, then you can delete it from the suspended state. So once the device is moved to the suspended state, click on the Suspended link, and then choose to delete the device. ACLM should then be updated that the device is gone.

Thanks for the help. In addition to the above, I needed to go in and hand remove files in the objectvcsroot directory. I was then able to add it without getting any errors.

Thank you for your help!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: