cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tracking F/R subinterface

ssalem
Level 1
Level 1

I am building Lan enviroment which will connect to the remote host via two redundant F/R links, the default gateway for the PCs is a VIP of HSRP/VRRP.

The issue is how to track Frame-relay subinterface ?.

Apprciate your advise.

Thanks

Sami

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

you could take advantage of a feature, "Frame Relay end-to-end Keepalives" that I've championed and tested when I was working at Cisco.

Please see:

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1830/products_feature_guide09186a0080087a58.html

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

CSCO10899265
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

You may implement the 'track int s0/0.1' on teh lan interface to track the frame relay connections.

Hi,

the issue is the subinterface stay always up even if the other end is down.

Thanks

Are you sure.

Generally the main interface stays up, but the subinterface always goes down.

Anyway HSRP would depend on the physical status of the link and hence in these scenarios it is reconmmended to run a routing protocol which can detect the loss of neighbor and fail over. Traffic does take the extra hop but since this is within the lan it should be < 1ms

You can also use enhanced object tracking

HTH, rate if it does

Narayan

Thansk Narayan for the advise. The issue is; static routing is not an option in the case I am working on.

Hi,

you could take advantage of a feature, "Frame Relay end-to-end Keepalives" that I've championed and tested when I was working at Cisco.

Please see:

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1830/products_feature_guide09186a0080087a58.html

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck with your project. It's striking to see how fast the years have gone since that feature was developed (circa '98).

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card