cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

no Outside callers get MOH and Meet me conferencing

silex
Level 1
Level 1

Internal callers can use moh and can enable and use the meet me conf to eachother,but as soon as anyone calls from the outside they do not get MOH and when they ring the ddi meet me number it drops the call before ringing. All services are running, I have rebooted the server I have no issues with Css or Partitions any help will be appreciated

6 Replies 6

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

The Gateway must have access also to the MOH servers and the Conference Bridge. On the GW configuration page (in CCMAdmin) you can assign a MediaResourceGroupList, just assign one MRGL that have access to the MRG's that contain the MOH servers and the Conference Bridges.

HTH

//Jorge

I have tried this but the problems still exist. This is really strange

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

one of the reasons could be that the external calls use G.729 codec. The default codec for MoH is g711. You can check and confirm the MoH codec by going to Service ---> Service Parameters ---> Select CM Server ---> Select IP Voice Media Streaming Application from the services list. Under this there is an option for the codecs supported by MoH. Select G729, hit update and restart IP Voice Media Streaming Application.

Incase this does not solve the issue, another problem could be that if u have a Software Conference Bridge, it would only support G.711. So to do a conference with G.729, you will need Hardware Conference Bridge

many thanks for your sugestion but I have tried this and we still have the same issues

What version of Call Manager? Are you using software or hardware conference bridges? Did it ever work and just stop or is it a new install and hasn't worked yet?

Hi Mike,

It is on CCM 4.2 and is a fresh install

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: