Views
Helpful
Replies

Subscribers not replicating to secondary server

Beth Verish
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 4.21 with failover, Centrex Integration, Exchange message store

While troubleshiooting why new users have been have not been able to log into the PCA page I discovered that these same users are not listed in the System Admin page on the secondary server. I have received "AvCsNodeMgr error 0x80004005 sending ping to UNITYA2". I have not failed over recently. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Beth

6 Replies 6

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What address are you logging into PCA with?

You should be pointed to the primary server only

Yes, they were pointing to the primary. But what I am most concerned about is that replication may not be happening between the two servers. When I go into system administration (https://unitya2/Web/SA/)on the secondary server and list the subscribers I do not get all my subscribers. The new users do not show up.

You really do not have to check on the Failover server if all the accounts and everything is there. The accounts are really not active unless certain services are started on the failover server. The failover server has to be active for everything to work, otherwise it just runs enough services to replicate the SQL database from the primary.

It's not like CCM where you can add users on the pub or the sub and it can replicate and be the same. Unity is strictly Primary and backup. Backup only runs minimal services for replication until Primary fails, then when and if it Primary fails, the Failover Wizard tells the Secondard to start up a bunch of Unity services to activate it.

So if you are trying to verify if everything is working on the failover:

- watch the SQL replication for errors or success

- check the event logs on both servers. Any SQL errors will result in the database not being replicated completely to the failover or backup server.

- Off hours, take down the primary and watch the failover wizard failover to the backup server. You will services start on the backup unity server, TSP re-register to CCM, and THEN you can login and see all your information you are looking. Test PCA, voicemail, login, call handlers, etc)

make sense?

Thanks,

Yes all this makes sense and I can failover to the secondary off hours. But then I am not sure how to troubleshott the problem with the new users who are unable to log into PCA.

for PCA, are they logging into the primary server?

Yes, they tried logging into the priamry. Ireset their passwords to make sure they were using the correct one.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: