Emergency Responder Failover Not Working

Unanswered Question
Apr 19th, 2007
User Badges:

Hello All,

I have an Emergency Responder install with Version 1.3(2). I did some testing with it during cutover and during staging, but the PS-ALI database was not loaded with the carrier at the time of the cut and the telcom team attempted to do testing themselves a couple of months later, that being this morning.

There is also a backup CER server. When they attempted testing this morning the primary 911 route point and the call back route point were not registered?

My first question is, why doesn?t the 913XXXXXXXXX route point register with the backup in the case of a failover? If it doesn?t do this, how can call-backs occur in the case of a failure?

I restarted the Engine on CER01 and it brought the RP?s back in service. However, It appears that the CER01 thought it was primary during the whole time was unregistered so that when calls on the failover route point go to 912 they do not route either. The 912 backup route point was still registered. There was nothing in the event viewer to indicate that CER02 had switched to primary.

I see the following in the CERAdmin log file.

230515: Apr 19 11:18:47.964 EST %CER-CER_SYSADMIN-6-INFO:Current Server = P Active server flag =P

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion