cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CTC Change from local view to Network view

ronald-salas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i got a problem with an ONS 15454, when i access the CTC local view of the equipment the system say that it loss connection and change the local view to a network view. The node shows a grey color and it could be accessed again after two minutes.

My CTC version is 7.0.0 and my computer is running Windows 2000.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mcavalli
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's a network problem.

You have a firewall into your network.

You need to go from CTC on network parameters (provisioning --> network) and setup:

Enable SOKCS proxy

SOCKS proxy only.

This should work, but take care about your network topology.

E.G.: if you have some other host NOT 15454 connected to your network it's possible that you lost them.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

tphelps
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Does the node icon display the node name or the IP address when CTC loses connectivity?

How are you connecting to the node? Via TCC Port? LAN? DCC? Through a firewall?

There are two possibilities:

1. Gray with node name = Node is initializing

2. Gray with IP address = Node is initializing; a problem exists with IP routing from node to CTC or your login/password is not provisioned on this node

I suspect you have a problem with the Java/CORBA session being interrupted and causing CTC to reinitialize the node in the session.

CTC show a window titled "CTC Alert", where it shows a message of "Lost connection to nodeName, changing to network view", and the Node icon display the node name.

I suppose that node is initializing at software level, because i have not problems with physical optic comunication.

Right now i?m trying to connect to ONS by LAN on the TCC2P LAN port, but this problem also happen even when i connect a Laptop directly to the TCC2P LAN port or MIC-C/T/P LAN port.

mcavalli
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's a network problem.

You have a firewall into your network.

You need to go from CTC on network parameters (provisioning --> network) and setup:

Enable SOKCS proxy

SOCKS proxy only.

This should work, but take care about your network topology.

E.G.: if you have some other host NOT 15454 connected to your network it's possible that you lost them.