cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unity server issue

sunnyverghese
Level 1
Level 1

hi we have one callmanager and one unity server when i check the message i am getting a message the unity server is offline so the message i cannot hear and i wish to add few new users to the unity server 4.0(3) version and how we can delete the message from the server

otherwise if unity start working the users will get all pending mails

kindly provide the necessary details to sort out the issue thanks in advance

8 Replies 8

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sorry if I misinturpet what you are saying.

Unity is offline, so you when hit the MSG button to Unity, login, you can not hear messages correct?

You can not listen to message, add and remove subscribers for Unity if it is offline.

Check over your Unity server. Sounds like it is online, but possibly some services have stopped, such as Exchange.

It also sounds like you have Unity Voicemail, with this setup, Exchange is loaded on the Unity server (one box).

If nothing is working, I would do a simple reboot to see where you are at to clear it all.

But for messages to stop and you get the message you are getting, it sounds like Exchange is offline for some reason. This is where the Voicemails are stored for each subscriber. If a subscriber calls in and cannot retrieve messages and gets "unity is offline" the message store (Exchange) is offline for some reason.

- check event logs for Errors

- Check for Services that are set to "automatic" and stopped, start them.

- still nothing, Reboot. Unity can't run forever, memory leaks, Exchange issues, usually needs a good kick (reboot) every couple weeks depending on the usuage.

Cheers

very very thanks for the valuable support

i will try as you said one quick question

do you have any document about this if you have kindly send me the link

1)how we can delete the user fom unity /edit the user?

2) how we can delete the messages from the unity server ?

the voice message was stopped for the last two months

so if i restarted the unity server the users will get the last two months voice mail .i wish to delete the voice mails first before restarting the unity server other wise user will start complaining about the last two months voice mail.

kindly give your valuable comments

Well, there is a small trick youc an do:

Login to OWA as Administrator.

Open IE:

http://unityerservername/exchange

Login is Administrator

enter password

OWA opens up and you see "inbox" etc.

Now change the http://unityservername/exchange/alias

The Alias=subscriber you wish to delete the voicemails out. You can find the alias of the subscriber in their profile in SA. (login into the Unity SA webpage, pull up the subscriber and look at the bottom)

Administrator has full access to all Exchange mailboxes. Kind of flawed, but fixed in 2003.

So if the message get dumped into the mailbox store for the subscriber after reboot, you can go into OWA and delete them out tne subscriber will not see them or see a MWI on their.. They will see a light after they enter, but if you delete them out, the light will turn off automatically.

The other way is to go into the MTA folder on Unity on the C: drive and find where the voicemails are sitting waiting to head to Exchange. Unity stores voicemails in a folder and waits for Message Transfer Agent to send them over to Exchange (even though its the same server, it still moves them from folder to folder)

If you see your subscriber alias in there (usually two files, the wav file and the txt file of the user) those are the messages.

Before you restart, check that folder. Its where all the messages are getting spooled and waiting for Exchange to come back online. Then you can clean those out, reboot, and the server should be back in shape, without the two month old messages being delievered the subscribers inboxs of Exchange.

Cover your tracks! hahah.

cheers,

woh!

you are very clever its a good method to delete the voice mails. i will try this and let you know the status.

I dont have Unity in front of me right now to tell you the exact folder where the spooled voicemails sit, but you should be able to find the MTA fold in Unity.. I think there are in there. Exchange also has one, but that is different.

hi as you said i checked teh second method i checked the mta and delte the files and started the unity it started working but if anyone checking the message in teh cisco ip phone first he get a message unity is offline and after that we are getting the messages bt t didnt forward to the mail.

kindly how we can make the unity to be onlinewaiting for your reply to fix the issue.

You have a problem with your Messaging Store. (exchange) Exchange is going offline for some reason and you will need to trace it out.

- Check the Windows Event Viewer for any errors related to Unity or Exchange. If you have any, post them.

After restart the unity server we are getting the message but when we press mess button we are getting the voice server is offline you have x messages if you need to hear press 1

how we can make the server to be online.

i checked all the services nothing critical

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: