Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX 7.0(2) and FTP

mauricioharley
Level 1
Level 1

Dear friends,

I'm having a issue with my PIX 515E. I'm trying to connect to a external FTP server from a host located on my inside network. The problem is I can connect and authenticate, but no commands work. I got "Invalid Port Command".

I tried both with "ftp mode passive" and "no ftp mode passive", with no results. What could be happening?

Thanks,

Mauricio

6 Replies 6

Tshi M
Level 5
Level 5

Did you check your global_policy map? make sure that inspect ftp is listed. This could well be the configuration on the other side. you can check from another location as well.

Etienne,

Yes. My configuration has "inspect ftp" and the problem happens with any FTP site. There's no problem of connecting from a Linux box with a DSL access located besides my firewall. So, the problem is PIX. What could be?

Regards,

Mauricio

could you post your configuration? and also try to capture a syslog output when trying to access the ftp site.

Hi Mauri,

i had similar kind of issue with what u hav pointed out, but i end up with simple solution, i had cisco ASA 5510, in that there is a option called allowing the passive ftp mode, i just enabled that & it started working, so try the same in PIX, i tried using ASDM.

hope this helps.

rate this post if satisfied.

Hi, friend,

I already have tested this. I put it on my original post. I appreciate the help anyway. I guess there is a bug in my version, but I'm needing a correct answer to solve this.

Thanks,

Mauricio

what do you see in your syslog? do you mind posting the config, you can remove relevant IP information.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: