cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks Out-of-Sync & Crypto

josephenix
Level 1
Level 1

In CiscoWorks Out-of-Sync reports all our APs are showing as out of sync because the Crypto-Crypto CA-Crypto CA certificate chain TP-self-signed-# key is not saved to startup config. We have been able to exclude the "Crypto-Crypto CA-Crypto CA certificate chain TP-self-signed-#" but not the accual key. Is there any way to exclude the key.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This should be taken care of automatically assuming your device supports the command "show running-config brief". If it does, there is one more gotcha to be aware of. If you use TFTP to fetch your configs, there is no way of getting a brief running config using this method. Therefore, the running and startup configs will always be out-of-sync in terms of crypto.

The solution is to make either SSH or TELNET the first protocol in the config fetch protocol order under RME > Admin > Config Mgmt > Transport Settings.

However, if your device not support "show running-config brief" then you will need to upgrade the code, or just ignore the out-of-sync information for the crypto key.

I have some 3750 switches with the same issue. They support "show running-config brief" command and the protocol order has Telnet & SSH before TFTP. I can also confirm that the config is being fetched using Telnet.

Any ideas?

LMS 2.5 & RME 4.0.4

You will need to get a sniffer trace or the dcmaservice.log after enabling ArchiveMgmt Service debugging to confirm if "show running-config brief" is actually being executed successfully on the devices.

thanks for your response, I'll get that sorted. What is the course of action if the "show running-config brief" is not being executed?

The code shows that it really should be executed. My guess is that either telnet is failing for some reason, or "show running-config brief" is broken for this device for this version of code.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: