SIP trunk on CCM 4.1.3

Unanswered Question
Apr 19th, 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to implemement a SIP trunk on CCM 4.1.3 and because SIP support is very limited on this version ( G.711 codec only, no digest authentication) I'm forced to look for a workaround since upgrading to CCM 5, which includes an RFC 3261 compliant SIP implementation, is not a feasible option right now.

I successfully could interconnect the CCM and an Asterisk server, so the Asterisk server works like a sort of B2B User Agent, sending the Digest Authentication credentials to the ITSP provider and it seems to work fine letting me use any IP Phone on the CCM cluster to place calls using the SIP ITSP, I cannot place G.729 calls yet but I think it's just a matter of configuring the Asterisk server to perform transcoding and getting the G.729 codec license for the Asterisk server.

Now my question is, is there any option in the Cisco world for doing this kind of setup, I mean maybe an IP-IP GW with SIP support registering SIP accounts with the ITSP on behalf of the CCM 4.1.3 or any other option, is this possible ? I've been struggling with this with no success so far.

Thanks a lot for your advice.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
e.huntley Fri, 04/20/2007 - 11:06

I have done this to an external provider, but not an asterisk. You need a router in the middle to serve as an MTP/Transcoder. So you need some DSP's available. Then you put those resources in an MRGL and apply it to the trunk's device pool.

Then you should be able to do G729 or G711. Is the goal to get SIP to Asterisk or SIP to some other destination?

MarkMonteleone Mon, 04/23/2007 - 20:15

I too am having the same issue.

I am attempting to setup a SIP trunk with 4.1.3 to Sonus SIP GW. I have tried G711 and G729. I can't dialout, but can get the phone to ring inbound. When I pickup, call drops.

Classic Codec issue, no?

The option with Router in the middle..

What IOS/Router and DSP farm is required?

Are dial peers then required on the 'new MTP'?

Paolo Bevilacqua Fri, 04/20/2007 - 15:58

Hi,

yes a router with IP-to-IP image would be able to support authenticating and registering on behalf of the CCM. It should also go transcoding, although I never configured that myself.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

etmarcof Tue, 04/24/2007 - 12:24

Can i config SIP trunk in CCM 5.1 directly to SIP provider without router ?

If yes where i config digest authentication?

Can i config more than one sip provider with CCM 5.1 or with router with IP-to-IP image?

Best Regards

MC

jposada_us Wed, 07/18/2007 - 17:03

Try using an IPIPGW with H.323 to the CCM and SIP to the Service Provider, you will not need to do any Transcoding if all the path is configured for using the codec G729r8 (or G711). I have this configuration actualy working but have another issue with a SIP timer; when outgoing calls originated on the CCM are not answered with in the next 30 seconds (5 rings aprox) the IPIPGW recive a 504 Gateway timeout). Outgoing calls that are originated on the FXS IPIPGW don't have that problem. Any sugestion?

jposada_us Thu, 07/19/2007 - 21:35

504 Gateway Timeout solved with disabling the rel1xx under the voice service voip.

Actions

This Discussion