Views
Helpful
Replies

Night Service

a.gooding
Level 5
Level 5

Hey,

i have a customer that wants to have night service on his Call Manager 4.0. is this possible?. i know ccme has it but how can i do it in CCM?

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Arvind,

No there is no true Night Service on CCM similar to CME. The closest thing is Time of Day Routing which was introduced in CCM 4.1.3 . Have a look;

Time-of-Day Routing

Cisco Unified CallManager Release 4.1 introduces the time-of-day (ToD) routing feature. To use this feature, configure the following elements:

Time period

Time schedule

The time period allows you to configure start and end times for business hours. The start and end times indicate the times during which the calls can be routed. In addition to these times, you can set the event to repeat itself on a weekly or yearly basis. Moreover, you can also configure non-business hours by selecting "No business hours" from the Start Time and End Time options. All incoming calls will be blocked when this option is selected.

A time schedule is a group of specific time periods assigned to the partition. It determines whether the partition is active or inactive during the specified time periods. A matching/dialing pattern can be reached only if the partition in which the dialing pattern resides is active.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_implementation_design_guide_chapter09186a00806e8c1f.html#wp1065529

Hope this helps!

Rob

hey thanks,

thought as much cause i couldnt figure out any way to do it with 4.0. luckily we are goign to upgrade to 5.1 so i can use the solution you posted above.

thanks again