cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CatOS to IOS

jjoseph01
Level 3
Level 3

Is it possible to upgrade a 6000 that runs CatOS to IOS? Also, is there anything I would need to be aware of if you can do this? If I can am able to go from CatOS to IOS, would that mean I have to redo the whole config also? Im not real sure on how to go about this, or if any cards in it might make any difference. Can someone help on this? Thanks.

3 Replies 3

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi there,

The link provided by spremkumar is perfect, i've done this conversion twice, its simple, you have just to care the for the Supervisor and MSFC models, and take care about the value of the config-reg at each step.

As for the configuration, you need to reconfigure the switch after you convert to Cisco IOS Software because the conversion process loses the configuration, you have 2 options: either to reconfigure the switch (which i did to practice the new configuration syntax), or you can use "Cisco EDI CatOS to IOS Configuration Conversion Tool"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_tech_note09186a0080816fbc.shtml

HTH, please rate if it does,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

joewhite
Level 1
Level 1

If you have a WS-X6608-T1 it will ONLY work with CAT-OS

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card