cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Moving LMS 2.6 to LMS2.6 on another server

londint
Level 1
Level 1

We have just installed a new server with LMS 2.6 but already had it working on a server.

I don?t want to have to do the configuration again as all I want to do is move the data from the new LMS2.6 to the new LMS 2.6.

In the documentation, all I see is how to migrate from LMS 2.5 to LMS 2.6 but not from LMS2.6 to LMS2.6 but on another machine.

Please how can I go about doing this?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Simply follow the same migration procedure. You will backup the data on the existing 2.6 server, then restore it to the new 2.6 server. After the restoration, you may have to do the hostname change procedure since you are moving across the same version (see http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/cw2000_d/cs303/usrguide/diagnos.htm#wp1078582).

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Simply follow the same migration procedure. You will backup the data on the existing 2.6 server, then restore it to the new 2.6 server. After the restoration, you may have to do the hostname change procedure since you are moving across the same version (see http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/cw2000_d/cs303/usrguide/diagnos.htm#wp1078582).

One thing to add, both servers MUST be running the same operating system. You cannot move from Windows to Solaris or vice versa.

Thanks. I have followed the procedure already and it all went well. I change the ip address to the pre-existing one so that I do not need to go to the devices to change ip addresses.

But now, it is not allowing any user even admin to log on even though we are putting in the right username/password and it allows this. It is taken forever and eventually does not do anything.

Please help.

Thanks

So the hostname and the IP address are the same on the new server? And that was the case BEFORE you installed LMS and did the restoration? If not, then go through those 10 hostname change steps, and verify everything is correct.

Thanks jclarke

I have rebooted the server again and it seems ok. STill checking everything through. All I changed was the ip address.

Is it compulsory I change the hostname as well.?

Thanks

You should go through the 10 step procedure, and make sure the value of the hostname in all of those locations matches the current hostname of the server. If it does, you're fine. If not, ou must change the hostname in LMS to match that of the server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: