Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO 1760 router VOIP building

ssrajaindia
Level 1
Level 1

hi everbody

i want the information regarding how to configure my router for voip using the PBX connection for inbound and also at the same time i want those users from this to call to the remote area for public people

i.e. actually as we have BRI VIC interface through which we connect the PBX from VIC

but when once we configure the BRI this end then when this users at this end how can they call to public from the other end using router

like u can see the link "http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps221/prod_quick_installation_guide09186a008007cd94.html#wp38436" for that CISCO 1760 router configuration and in that at almost lost of the document u can see the diagram which shows the two routers configured with BRI VIC interface with one side as PBX and other side as PSTN

so in this diagram from the end of PBX how the user can call to the public who will be in the end with the help of the router

in that confugration i can understand how the calls can be received but i am not able to understand how the users from the PBX end can call to the public in that remote area and also for the local office where that setup is thier

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

suppose you connect the pbx to the bri port 0 and the bri 1 (or other kind of pots) to the pstn.

You will see calls coming in on bri 0 and configure DP with appropriate destination-pattern for bri 1. So PBS users are calling out using the pstn.

Once you familiarize yourself with "dial-peers" concept all will appear clear to you, search CCO for some basic voip document.

Hope this helps, if so rate post!