cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HP ProCurve 2626-PWR + Cisco AIR-AP1242AG x 20

rgs.sch.im
Level 1
Level 1

I've done a bit of reading about PoE for the 2626-PWR however I'd like a confirmation on a few bits...

1. Does the ProCurve 2626-PWR Supply Power for PoE to the Cisco Devices or would I have to use the Cisco PoE Injector module one for each Cisco AP1242

2. If the Switch 2626-PWR is protected and supplied power/mains by a UPS does that include protecting and supplying power to the Cisco AP1242 Devices for when there is a power failure so there is still WLAN during UPS Supplied Power....

I'd appreciated this info very much thanks

7 Replies 7

Iain
Level 4
Level 4

Yes! And this is easy to test too ;)

Just make sure you have enough battery capacity in your UPS.

Thanks

rgs.sch.im
Level 1
Level 1

1. Does the ProCurve 2626-PWR Supply Power for PoE to the Cisco Devices or would I have to use the Cisco PoE Injector module one for each Cisco AP1242

Hello,

If your switch is IEEE 802.3af POE capable it should be able to provide power to the AP. You dont need to use Cisco POE injector module. You need this module only when your switch is not POE capable.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6521/index.html

1240 AP series support IEEE802.3af POE capabilities. The Procurve switch should provide the IEEE base POE not the proprietry one.

HTH,Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

thanks

One other thing to consider is that you need to account for 15.4W of power for each 1242 device.

I believe this is the highest power Class in the 802.3af spec. FYI Most phones require about half this much wattage.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6521/products_data_sheet0900aecd8031c844.html

Your UPS and your switch may require larger power supplies/capabilities even if they are capable of doing 802.1af.

HP Procurve 600 RPS/EPS which supplies extra power to PoE and redundant power to Switch

Thanks I'll look into the watt of each port

a HP 2626-PWR does 24ports @ average of 15.4W each and total Voltage of 406

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card