cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

per-user static route

boonteongng
Level 1
Level 1

If reditribution is needed for dynamic U route learnt thru pppoa session(per-user static route), should it be redistribute static or redistribute connected ? Any cisco doc on this ?

3 Replies 3

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi there,

The per-user static route is injected from the AAA server via cisco-avpair to the router as a static route as illustrated in this doc accordingly you should redistibute static (and i've checked it out for you on a live router):

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6350/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008045507e.html

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

As salaam u alaikum Mahmoud,

I have just been recently following your networkers-online blog and I must admit you guys rock!!.. Everything you write is just so simple and easy to understand, hope cisco does follow your style while documenting their notes .

Just a quick question here,

What exactly is a per-user static route? Till now I have just got to know that this route is installed in routing table with the WAN IP address of the router as the next-hop and it gets installed from a AAA server.

In what scenarios do we actually get a route from AAA server? and if the connection to the AAA server goes down will the route still be there in the IP routing table.

Sorry if the questions are too dumb ...

Awaiting your reply.

Jazakallah

Mohammed Muddasir Khan

hi ,

im too facing the same issue ,

i want to block the per-user static roue from being inserted in  my router ,

wt commands i need to put on my router ???

regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: