Replies

IPM errors

rdanevich
Level 1
Level 1

I cannot add a new collector to my IPM configuration. I get the error message:

AddCollErr

REASON: Response Timed Out

Recently I've stopped and deleted old collectors and targets. I only have 2 collectors running.

I'm using LMS 2.6, IPM 2.6 on a Windows 2003 Server.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

While you can certainly reinitialize the IPM database with:

ipm dbclean

This may be as simple as a bad read-write community string (or SNMP credential) for the source device. You might try starting a sniffer trace filtering on all SNMP traffic to your source device when trying to add the collector, and see if anything obvious stands out.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

jreekers
Level 4
Level 4

You might want to try this:

1. Stop all IPM processes.

2. Goto /etc

3. Modify the parameters in the ipm.env file -

IPM_SNMP_TIMEOUT=10

IPM_SNMP_RETRIES=5

4. Start all IPM processes

5. Retry to see if the problem still exists.

Hopefully increasing the timeouts help.

No joy!

Is there a procedure to cleanse/rebuild the IPM database?

While you can certainly reinitialize the IPM database with:

ipm dbclean

This may be as simple as a bad read-write community string (or SNMP credential) for the source device. You might try starting a sniffer trace filtering on all SNMP traffic to your source device when trying to add the collector, and see if anything obvious stands out.

Thanks Joe! That really did the trick. There've been so many changes over the last few months to the overall Topology of the network that I think re-initializing the IPM Database was the best option. Adding new devices and collectors is real quick now. Thank You I really appreciate the help and your quickness to respond to our posts on this Forum.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: