cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UNITY 4.0.4 - unable to retrieve voice mail

vmani
Level 1
Level 1

I have Unity 4.0.4 connected to a Exchange 2003 server. When caller from the PSTN leave a voice mail, users are able to listen to the messages without any problems. However, when voice mails are left by internal users (IP phone to IP phone), the caller gets the VM greeting and is able to leave a message but the called party does not get a WMI indication; on logging on the Unity voice mail box, it tells him that there are no new messages! Where should I start looking? I have restarted the call manager/unity and exchange servers to no affect.

14 Replies 14

vmani
Level 1
Level 1

The error message I get on the UNITY server is

Source: CiscoUnity_ConvMsg

Category: Network

EventID: 10015

Description:

IAvDohMessage::Submit returned[0x800404dc] on line 683 of file e:\views\

cs_ue4.0.3. 159\un_Core2\ConversationEng\AvStateSvr\

AvSMsgSend.cpp

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

Are you running Windows 2003 SP1 on the Exchange 2003?

Have you re-run the latest Permissions Wizard? If not, please try that, you can find the latest version on www.ciscounitytools.com

I did. I also deleted and (re)created one of the problem subscriber - all to no affect!

I should also clarify that this issues does not manifest with all subscribers.

If you hear a recording saying that the message store is offline, it should be for everyone unless you have more than one message store. Do you? Did you run pw for that message store?

If not sure rerun the newest pw for the version of Unity that you are running, select all the message stores that home Unity subscribers.

one more thing to look at. Since it sounds like you are in UMR mode, are there any messages in the commeserver\UnityMTA folder for failed folder?

rlp

I get the normal voice mail prompt (not a recording stating the message store is offline). Exchange has just one message store. There are no messages in the failed folder - just the error log in the event viewer. Again, this problem is not system wide and only appears to manifest for a majority subscribers (there are users who have no issues) - and even for those subscribers, when a voice mail if left by external (PSTN) callers, it works fine.

Sorry I misunderstood the issue here.

Are all subscribers in the same location in AD?

rlp

If you mean in the same OU, some of problem subscribers are in the same OU as users with no issues, others are in a different OU.

Why do callers who come across the PSTN able to leave voice mail to those same subscribers without issues?

might be worth while checking your css and partitions, or even regions locations, maybe you are faced with a one way transmission issue !!

Does any one have any idea how to resolve this issue? I have the same problem with the same error.

Thanks

The AvMsgSend.cpp in your error basically states that you can't send messages from that subscriber. It means there is a Send As permission that is incorrect. Make sure you have run the latest Permissions Wizard. Also make sure that you go to the Exchange System Manger, right-click the root and choose Delegate Control. In the Delegate Control Wizard, make sure that you only have UnityInstall and UnityDirSvc in there. UnityMsgStore is not supposed to be in there. UnityInstall and UnityDirSvc can be Exchange Admins. Hope this helps.

Tray

Thanks Tray,

I have chacked the permission for that user and it set Sand as. I have also downloaded and run the latest Permission Wizard. Still can't receive the VM from that user. We have couple of other users with the same problem.

Hmmm. Well, the other thing you can check is if all the users affected are on the same mailstore and check the UnityMsgStoreSvc permissions on that mailstore to make sure it doesn't have a deny on Send As. Try that.

Tray

Tray,

Thank you very much for your help.

I have found the user in the Exchange got to the security tab and the permission for the UnityMsgStoreSvc wasn't set as Send as. Ticked that box and it resolved the issue!

Thanks again.

Ivan

Glad I could help. Make sure you rate the post if you haven't already.

Tray

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: