Views
Helpful
Replies

Load-balancing not working w/ 2 MPPP

omendieta77
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks,

This is the case. The main site has two routers, A and B. There is one remote location and its router is C. C has two links, one connected to A, and the other one to B. The traffic was not balanced, so we decided to connect both links to router A. So between router C and A would be 2 links. The thing is that just one link gets up, the other one gets down. If we disconnect the one that is up, the other link that was down then is up. I'm using 12.4(7d) in router A (3725) and 12.3(22) (1760). Is there any issue related to eigrp?

this is the eigrp configuration.

router eigrp 99

variance 2

traffic-share min across-interfaces

network 1.0.0.0

auto-summary

no eigrp log-neighbor-changes

neighbor 1.16.1.2 FastEthernet0/0

Any ideas? thanks in advance for your help.

1 Reply 1

ariela
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

for the load balancing, please check your RIB to see if all prefixes have the same metric.

What about the physical links between A and C?

I don't understand the problem about AB and C load balancing; you could have that with OSPF (same metric) or EIGRP (with different metric too, using variance as you, or checking bandwidth/delay).

BTW the second link doesn't get down. Please check speed/duplex, and let me know.

In your eigrp configuration, don't use the neighbor command, and the best practice is to use the "no auto-summary" command, then select your eigrp networks; if you post more infos about your topology, I could help you).

HTH

Andrea

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: