cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN with Vista

hevghirl1
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to connect remotely to my work's computer. I was told by our IT guy to install VPN client 4.0.5(Rel). HOwever, since I have Vista on my laptop, there seems to be a compatibility issue. Does anyone know how I can resolve this? In the meantime, I downloaded VPN Client on to my home computer, which is still running on XP and I am getting an error message stating: Secure VPN connection terminated locally by the client. Reason 402: The Connection Manager was unable to read the connection entry, or the connection entry has missing or incorrect information. I have entered the host, group authentication and password. I have also entered a Connection Entry name, although I'm not sure if it is correct. Can anyone suggest anything? Thanks

4 Replies 4

ashraf
Level 1
Level 1

you should used cisco vpn client for vista

Hi,

you should download "5.0.00.0340-MSI.exe" VPN Client Software for 2000/XP/Vista - Microsoft Installer which is available in http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Software/Tablebuild/doftp.pl?ftpfile=cisco/crypto/3DES/vpn/client/windows/5.0.00.0340-MSI.exe&app=Tablebuild&status=showC2A, to download this, u need hav download privilages.

hope this helps.

rate this post if your satisfied

I've managed to get 5.0.00 am I've managed to establish a connection. I'm sorry but I know absolutley nothing about remote access - how do I then access my work remotely? Do I have to enter an address in the address bar of IE? I kind of expected my desktop to look like my work desktop. I have no idea what to do now. Are there particular steps to take to get into a workplace?

HI Hev,

what exactely i hav understood from the ur response is, you hav finally logged in to your office network & you don't how do proceed after that isn't? correct me if i am wrong.

if this is the case, which means u can do what ever you do in ur office, like u can ping ur office network.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: