I need help - Failed exam.

Unanswered Question
Apr 21st, 2007

Hi, As we will know, i failed my exam. I have cisco press books INTRO and ICND. I studied very well. I have 4 routers and 1 switch and i studied for at least 6 days. My weakness was Planning and Designing. Any suggestions? Read books again? I got 33% on Planning and Designing the other topics were easy, i think that was because i do not studied the questions about Planning and Designing, i do not had idea how are the questions about Planning and Designing. How can i practice or studied Planning and Designing to pass the exam the next time?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4 (2 ratings)
scottmac Sun, 04/22/2007 - 05:47

Planning & Design are the questions related to creating the infrastructure ... stuff like the three-tired model (access, distribution, core), the different types of access-lists and where to put them (i.e., closer to the source or closer to the destination), maybe stuff like when to use a cross-over versus a straight-through cables, maybe some aspects of VLAN usage, setting up VTP ...

I believe more study would probably be your best bet.

Also, find some challenge tests (like Boson) from a Cisco-approved partner. Stay away from TestKing and the other brain dumps; there's lots of wrong Q&A there). When you can pass the challenge tests consistantly in the ~95% range, then you're probably good to go.

The Boson tests aren't cheap, but they're much cheaper than taking the real test over and over again.

They also give you references in the answer, so if you get a question wrong, it'll tell you where to find the correct answer (the "Cisco Answer")

Good Luck

ndesilva Tue, 05/08/2007 - 10:48

Hi Scott,

My name is Nalin. I failed the ICND test. My score was 788.

Time and Troubleshooting were my major weakneses. There were 40 questions to answer in 60 minutes.

I used transcender and Certkiller tests with Cisco press book , and CCNA switching and routing book(CCNA2 and CCNA3)

by Cisco press. Any advice.

This Discussion