is it true that now no cisco exam in VUE &Promateric center from28/04/07

Unanswered Question
Apr 22nd, 2007

i would like to ask to all that just a few days back we got it a mail from cisco that there is some changes in cisco Exam like CCNa,CCNP.....etc.now i got it information that cisco will open it's own center where we will give cisco exam to become certified person .

is there any person tell me what is exactely fact for india. is it true that cisco is going to open cisco exam center .

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4.9 (6 ratings)
scottmac Sun, 04/22/2007 - 05:31

I believe that's true. I went looking for an article to link to you and couldn't find it. Last week I received an email announcing the New Cisco Enhanced Testing Center (something like that).

I think they are beginning the roll-out in the Asian markets first, then will probably expand from there.

I don't recall that they mentioned a reason ... just that they were doing it.

If I can find the article I'll re-post and put it up.

Good Luck

Scott

ibnrafiuraji Sun, 04/22/2007 - 09:56

Yes, I think they maintioned, counties like: India, China, Pakistan and Honkong. You can also read from this site q $ a from http://www.prometric.com/Cisco/default.htm

But what I am not very much clear about is whether is taking effect in all other counties as well as since I scheduled my CCNA exam in May 3rd

m.sir Sun, 04/22/2007 - 11:19

Check answer from mentioned website

Q. Will there be a change in test centers outside of these four countries?

A. Cisco continues to partner with both Pearson VUE and Prometric. Outside of these four countries all test centers locations for both networks will continue to be available.

kishore_kunal001 Mon, 04/23/2007 - 01:07

i think this is good to secure the importance of cisco system because now a days this certification has no importance and if cisco is blocking of its most of sites so it is good for cisco certified person

Wilson Samuel Mon, 04/23/2007 - 07:10

Agree with you all!

Infact when I was working for a Cisco Silver Partner in India, our Director made it compulsory to take the Cisco Exams (or any IT Exam) only from the Prometric Testing Centers which are owned and operated by Prometric to understand the fairness of the candidate.

Good Move Cisco, I believe others should or MUST follow esp. the MS India.

Regards,

Wilson Samuel

gaurav_dixit06 Wed, 04/25/2007 - 05:53

Certifications: Cisco Exams in India

Posted by: rajsrivastav - Apr 23, 2007, 7:01am PST

Can anyone suggest me how and where do I appear for Cisco exams now when all the prometiric / thomsan conducting exams are blocked in Inida.

Because many people are there who are stalled, because centers are just denying to conduct these exams, earliest possible response would be appreciated.

Raju

| Outline | Subscribe | E-Mail this Message

Conversation Rating: 3.0 (1 vote)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Replied by: samuel-wilson - Network Engineer, BCGI - Apr 23, 2007, 8:06am PST

Hi Raju,

Cisco is changing its Test Policy for Test Takers in China, Hong Kong, India, and Pakistan, reason behind the same is the unfair means used in the Promteric / VUE testing centers to make the candidates pass the exams.

Hence, Cisco would be conducting the tests ONLY through the Thomson Prometric Test Centers which are OWNED AND OPERATED by Thomson Prometric just like at present we have GRE / GMAT or TOFEL Exams.

Hence you needn't worry if you want to take the Cisco Exams as there are many Promteric Test Centers in India these days.

Please visit http://prometric.com/cisco

Kind Regards,

HTH

Please rate if it helps

| E-Mail this Message

Rating: 3.0 (1 vote)

5 Extremely Helpful

4 Very Helpful

3 Helpful

2 Somewhat Helpful

1 Not Helpful

No rating The reply asked for more information Rate this Post5 Extremely Helpful4 Very Helpful3 Helpful2 Somewhat Helpful1 Not Helpful

Replied by: gaurav_dixit06 - Apr 25, 2007, 4:54am PST

Reall thanks a lot for your thought but really it is not much true india is very good country here no chance that paper will happen in other means like some person will do cheating .. i am more sound with cisco technologies in india that nobody will do cheating .

but cisco is doing great job and we r supporting to cisco any way . anything will change will be cisco person and we will do more good compare than now ......

thanks a lot

#### Rate me please ####

regards

Gaurav

| E-Mail this Message

Replied by: samuel-wilson - Network Engineer, BCGI - Apr 25, 2007, 5:37am PST

Hi Gaurav,

Nothing personal, however I must admit that being born and brought up in India, I have witnessed many candidates who simply don't know even how to Console in, however they are a CCNX.. and I have really had a tough time consoling myself that one day Cisco would bring extreme measures to fake (paper certs) cert candidates, and I strongly belive that day is coming on 1st May 2007.

Thanks for your view though.

Regards,

Wilson Samuel

PS: I'm totally not counting the candidates from Pakistan, China et al.

| E-Mail this Message

5 Extremely Helpful

4 Very Helpful

3 Helpful

2 Somewhat Helpful

1 Not Helpful

No rating The reply asked for more information Rate this Post5 Extremely Helpful4 Very Helpful3 Helpful2 Somewhat Helpful1 Not Helpful

gaurav_dixit06 Wed, 04/25/2007 - 05:53

Replied by: gaurav_dixit06 - Apr 25, 2007, 6:49am PST

Dear Sumuel,

i couldn't aggree i am an india ...but i am not supporting not india but really i lost one paper of CCNP then howcome u can say india is not safe ..

i can'tsay any thing for other countries but i am sure about india this is not fair with india ..

India has produeced many number of CCIE's ,which all ccie are working around world ....

Cisco is having a lot CCIe from india who is working with many company Around world .....

See i would like to say that every thing will show negative ans positive effect and feedback ......why r u looking negative impact .... see even if u will pass any exam by cheating but if u will come in real work u will not get success and u will lose u'r work and respect .....So see only good part ...i was thinking to say to cisco about the same ...that see india has given a many number of ccie to world and they are working fine many of them they are in big post with big companies ........so how u can say that india is not good .....u have to come back and think again ......due to not more interaction with india u r thinking but when u will come here u will find a CCNA(from india ) can kill many CCNP from any part of world .......

i couldn't understand why cisco is doing like that india is IT HUB here they r going to do their many office then why if they don't have truse then why r opeing more offices in india .........

just read and see boss india is great ....

Regards,

Gaurav

| Edit | E-Mail this Message

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Please rate me if u can

Wilson Samuel Wed, 04/25/2007 - 07:46

Gaurav,

Nothing wrong against India and her citizens!

Secondly, I strongly believe that its time of true globalization and fair competition, and 'may the best team win' and I'm very happy that India is really picking up good on a fair ground.

Finaly, if you have ever tried to take a technical interview for an IT guy for a critical client, I vouch that you want to be extra vigilent, and that too when time is not a luxry and to figure out the best candidate, I strongly believe that Certs are one of the benchmarks.

Now, if you get a hell lot of candidates with NO Competitive Skills (yet certified) I'm sure you would be really dissappointed to conclude that Certs are no 'good bench marks'.

Thats the reason why all other exams (esp. non-IT exams) are taken under strict proctorship.

Just imagine if the 'same way' all the doctors would have graduated from the med-schools (i.e. by sitting in some VUE/Prometric Test Center and getting paper certified?) would you be really visiting any doc without worries in your head?

Well done Cisco Systems, others e.g. Microsoft et al. should also follow.

gaurav_dixit06 Mon, 04/30/2007 - 03:13

kindly rate me if u cab undrstand that i asked a good thing and as well as i have give god answer .

neonspirit Thu, 04/26/2007 - 09:05

As I understand it, the issue is with testing centers such as these

www.stormcert.com

www.expresscert.com

From the DNS registration both are based in China, but both promise certifications without even entering a test center. Just give a credit card number, and the certificate will arrive in the post.

Whilst it is highly likely this is a rip off, harvesting credit card numbers from the gullible, Cisco would not have made this move if they did not consider it necessary.

India may be getting the brown end of the stick on this, but I for one would prefer my Certificate to be 100% recognised in the market, and if there is any doubt about some test centers, it is better to remove such doubt. And please remember, just because some Indian organisations are being considered unreliable, this does not mean all people from the sub-continent are untrustworthy.

Danilo Dy Mon, 04/30/2007 - 06:53

LOL, the last one even give freebies if you refer a friend :)

Actions

This Discussion