cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

routing to adsl dialer causing problems

blacktulip
Level 1
Level 1

i have 2 adsl wic, and 2 dialers. i'm routing everything to both dialers, and use cef for load sharing. it works fine.

when the adsl line (or the atm interface) goes down, the dialer stays up. so the router keeps routing to to dialer, causing packet loss.

can somebody help?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You don't. The route-map and policy-routing local is configured to make sure the the packet leaves using the right interface. Pay attention as the packet are originated by the router you need "local policy".

IP SLA is not aware of the above but will be just happy when all the pings or whatever form on acknowledgment you have chosen, are returned OK.

With the route statement you track the status of the probe, that can be up or down, so the routing will work-around back-holes.

Found this post useful? Please rate it using the scrollbox below!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, you would need to configure IP SLA to monitor a remote object using a determinate interface. For this you need PBR and route-maps to set interface, you will have two probes and these driving the track on the two default static routes.

The relevant links are easy to find on CCO.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

OK, but how do i connect the track to the route-map?

You don't. The route-map and policy-routing local is configured to make sure the the packet leaves using the right interface. Pay attention as the packet are originated by the router you need "local policy".

IP SLA is not aware of the above but will be just happy when all the pings or whatever form on acknowledgment you have chosen, are returned OK.

With the route statement you track the status of the probe, that can be up or down, so the routing will work-around back-holes.

Found this post useful? Please rate it using the scrollbox below!

the part i was missing was the "track" in the end of the "ip route". didn't know it was there.

10x

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card