MCS-7835-H1-UC1

MCS 7835-HP rack; Unity Connection; 2GB; RAID 1; Win

2003 1

UNITY-PWR-EUR

Power Cord - Fr, Ger, Neth, Nor, Sp, Swe, Aus, Belg,

Peru 1

UNITYCN1-RECDISK Windows 2003 media for use with Unity Connection 1

Cisco Unity Connection was preinstalled,

the problem is when I added user with voice mailbox, I get error such as "not enough IMAP license ......".

my question;

based on our ordered items "UNITYCN-K9-300USR Unity Connection", do I need additional license for creating user mailbox ?

any suggestion please...

thanks

regards,

bongkie

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Bongkie,

You do not need the UNITYCN1-INBOX-USR licenses to access Voicemail from the phone :)

The reason that you are having trouble adding users is that you are asking Unity to add them with IMAP and Inbox features (which you don't have licensing for) you need to Un-check the IMAP and Cisco Unity Inbox features in both of your COS's (Under Licensed Features) then try adding users.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

Based on ur order, a Product Activation Key (PAK) would be given to you. Did you use this PAK to get the license file generated and installed that on the box ??

Incase you haven't got the license file, visit http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6509/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a008055e1f6.html#wp1041859 for information about how to obtain the license file. Once you have got this file, you will have to install it on the box

Hi Mchandak,

Thanks for your response,

yes I already generated the PAK and installed successfull to the box.

FYI : I'm using cisco unity connection 1.2.2 with cisco MCS 7835 (MCS-7835-H1-UC1).

need your advice.

regards,

Dony

On Connection admin page, when you go to system settings ---> license ---> does Lisense file show Yes under installed tab.

Also, make sure that the features select under Class of Service for the new subscriber you are trying to add is licensed.

Would be be possible for you to add the snapshot of features selected under CoS along with the license file

Hi Mahesh,

Yes, the license file showed "Yes" under installed tab. We've bought UNITY CN-K9-300USR. Do you think we can add user with mailbox ?

FYI: Under licensed feature, I've checked allow user to access voice mail using an IMAP client option.

attached error capture while adding user.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Bongkie,

Just to add a note to Mahesh's good info. The IPMA feature is a licensed feature. If you look at the COS that you are using to add new users and ensure that IPMA is not checked you should be good to go.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your good info.

I'm new user to unified communication, can you give me more information regarding what we've ordered from cisco related to my problems ?

see attached under COS tab.

Hi Bongkie,

UNITYCN-K9-300USR is the part # for 300 "Basic" Users (No Imap .

If you want to use IMAP which you have checked as Allowed in both of the COS's in your previously attached document, you would need the following part #;

UNITYCN1-CL-USR300

If you want to use Cisco Unity Inbox which you have checked as Allowed in both of the COS's in your previously attached document, you would need the following part #;

UNITYCN1-INBOX-USR300

Because you have ordered "Basic" User licenses you need to Un-check the IMAP and Cisco Unity Inbox features in both of your COS's (Under Licensed Features)

Please see attached doc (Pages 6-10 in particular) for a good description of the ordering info.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Actually we did not need IMAP access for users, all we need are to access voice mail from the ip phone (not using IMAP or other email client). I've seen from your attached file, pages 6 for what we've ordered 'UNITYCN-K9-300USR' it's included 300 mailboxes. To access voice mail from ip phone do we need UNITYCN1-INBOX-USR license also ?.

please advice.

regards,

bongkie

Hi Bongkie,

You do not need the UNITYCN1-INBOX-USR licenses to access Voicemail from the phone :)

The reason that you are having trouble adding users is that you are asking Unity to add them with IMAP and Inbox features (which you don't have licensing for) you need to Un-check the IMAP and Cisco Unity Inbox features in both of your COS's (Under Licensed Features) then try adding users.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Many thanks for your info and assist, you're right while I un-check IMAP and Unity Inbox then I add users it's work successfully.

again ..thank you.

Regards,

bongkie

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: