Views
Helpful
Replies

disconnection of Dialup links

ladan.eftetahi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

we have some branches that connect to HEADQUARTER via dialup links.

we are looking for solutions that as the branches finished their works , these dialup links automatically disconnected, means we could be disconnected these links by set the time or any other solution on the branches' router.

if we want to down the async-group interface on HQ router , all these dialup connections disconnect at the same time, but it might be possible that these branches finish their works in different times.

could you pls help us ?

best regards

ladan

7 Replies 7

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

ladan

Perhaps there is something in your requirements that I do not understand. But it seems to me from what you describe that configuring the inactive timeout on the dialup links (dialer idle-timeout ) would accomplish what you are asking.

If that is not what you are looking for then perhaps you can clarify your requirements.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Dear Rick

thanks for the response ,it's a part of dialup config :

interface Async0/2/0

description Dialup

no ip address

encapsulation ppp

dialer in-band

dialer pool-member 2

dialer-group 1

ppp authentication chap callin

routing dynamic

interface Dialer1

ip unnumbered Loopback1

encapsulation ppp

dialer pool 2

dialer idle-timeout 300

dialer string ********

dialer hold-queue 50

dialer-group 1

no peer default ip address

no cdp enable

ppp authentication chap

by default, dialup connection are up till end of works of each branch.with disconnecting the link after 300 ms idle the links would be up again.

so , could you pls tell me , what's the solution ,if I want disconnect this link without connecting again after 300 ms till the day after ,that branches want to begin their jobs again.

I hope that I could be say what I want .

thanks

Well!! You can use time based access list. This would be ideal for this kind of scenorio...

Hi

thanks for your suggestion.

I config several acls on our routers in branches, for limit the communication between branches & for interesting traffic of IPSEC .

do you think that use of time based-access list beside of the others is possible?

what's the problem for using several acl in 2811 router?

thanks for attention.

ladan

Using of Time based accesslist should solve all the problems and it will not be much overhead on your router...

dear uday

kind regards

ladan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card