cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Checkpoint to 837 VPN

platypus
Level 1
Level 1

I am tring to configure a site to site vpn between my Checkpoint NGX r60 and a 837 adsl router. I am a vpn virgin using a cisco router. Can anyone tell me where I can get configuration examples from?

3 Replies 3

mfreijser
Level 1
Level 1

Configuring a site to site vpn between a checkpoint and a cisco is almost the same as configuring one between two cisco's.

It is important that you read enough information about how to create vpn's on cisco devices. Then you can start configuring via Console or the Cisco Security Device Manager (SDM). The SDM even has a wizard to guide you through the configuration process. If the wizard doesn't help, you can also check the debugging to see what's the problem!

Configuration guides:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps380/products_installation_and_configuration_guides_list.html

Configuration examples for 800 series:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps380/prod_configuration_examples_list.html

Hope this information helps, if it does, please rate!

Regards,

Michael

Hi Michael

I have tried to install the sdm on my router but I could only install the express version. There was not enough room on the flash for the full product even when I downgraded the ios. When I try to run the sdm fom my machine and control the router it doesn't work. Am I missing something here?

You can only use the application-version of SDM (the one installed on your pc) when the Full version of the SDM is installed on the router. This can only be done when you have enough memory on your router.

This isn't the case, so you're bound to use the Express version of SDM, which is a web-based SDM only accessable via a browser by entering an ip address from the router.

If you really want to use the Full version of the SDM, then you need to upgrade your memory so the Full version of SDM fits on your router.

Regards,

Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: