cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New IOS image, config changes (missing lines)

dtochilovsky
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All, I have recently upgraded a 2811 router from IOS version : c2800nm-ipbase-mz.124-3c

to the new version : c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.124-11.T1

After upgrade certain config entries are no longer in the router.

The "resource policy" entry is no longer there. As well as the "ip subnet zero" and "ip classless" commands are missing.

Are these features enabled by default in the new version of IOS, or am I missing something?

Any help would be greately appreciated.

Thank you.

Dmitry.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Dmitry

While these lines no longer show up when you do show running-config (or show startup-config) I do not believe that any of these underlying behaviors have changed.

Cisco has had the approach that in general default values do not show up in the config. There have been certain exceptions where default values do show up, especially for commands where the default behavior changed (as it did for ip classless and ip subnet-zero). I assume that someone at Cisco decided that the behaviors were enough well known that they no longer need to show up in the config.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dmitry,

As updated by Rick , mostly in all latest releases these commands are enabled by default so they are not displayed till you go in reverse i.e if you disable any of this command like "no ip subnet zero" or "no ip classless" and then sh run and you will find these available in sh run command.

Because it is enabled by default in many latest releases they are not displayed in "sh run" output.

HTH

Ankur

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Dmitry

While these lines no longer show up when you do show running-config (or show startup-config) I do not believe that any of these underlying behaviors have changed.

Cisco has had the approach that in general default values do not show up in the config. There have been certain exceptions where default values do show up, especially for commands where the default behavior changed (as it did for ip classless and ip subnet-zero). I assume that someone at Cisco decided that the behaviors were enough well known that they no longer need to show up in the config.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dmitry,

As updated by Rick , mostly in all latest releases these commands are enabled by default so they are not displayed till you go in reverse i.e if you disable any of this command like "no ip subnet zero" or "no ip classless" and then sh run and you will find these available in sh run command.

Because it is enabled by default in many latest releases they are not displayed in "sh run" output.

HTH

Ankur

Thank you very much Rick and Ankur for the clarification.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: