Unity 4.2(1) VM not UM with ext Domino Message Store

Unanswered Question
Apr 23rd, 2007

Hi Guys,

I have come across a few tricky points with this one. Been down a few other avenues, and wondering if anyone else has any creative answers.

Message Store Manager does not work with Domino store. Does anyone know of any 3rd party tools, or creative solutions within Domino itself to accomplish similar functionality?

If I integrate with a stand alone Domino server today just for VM. Can I move the Domino server to join an existing Domino environment later? What impact would this have on Unity?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
adbasinger Tue, 05/01/2007 - 11:03

If your only going to do VM why not use the Exchange 2000 message store that comes with Unity. There is no need to go through the trouble of Domino unless that is your current mail platform and your going to UM.

We have a 250 seat Unity 4.0(5) UM with Domino 6.5.4 setup that has been nothing but pain since installation and a unity 4.0(4)SR1 VM only setup with the deafult message store that has run for over 4 years without fail and we finaly upgraded because the software was so old.

Tim Smith Tue, 05/01/2007 - 23:47

Hi Alan,

I love the idea believe me! But unfortunately it is a customer install, that has already been planned and purchased. So I have to stick with what I got.

It is also 4.2(1) just using Domino for the message store, and yep thats their mail platform, and they have been considering UM for the future.

Im hoping just using VM and Domino message store wont be so problematic.

Biggest thing I wanted to know about was going from VM to UM. I'm wondering what might be involved on the Domino side.

Tim Smith Tue, 05/01/2007 - 23:48

Actually, just thought a question for you!

How did you manage the Domino message store with the UM install?

Did you use scripts on the server? quotas?

This Discussion