cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3750

gzbrowniii
Level 1
Level 1

Switch seemed to stop routing traffic as it should. It was the core switch. Replaced with a Cisco 4506 (much happier now with performance :))

Should I just reload the IOS on the 3750 from scratch or send it back to Cisco to be looked at and repaired if needed??

I was thinking of getting it repaired then putting it back online and creating a routing group for redundency in case the 4506 went down. Any thoughts??

3 Replies 3

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is it faulty?? What was the exact problem that you faced?

If the switch is faulty and has some hardware/software problems, then you can get a replacement from Cisco. If the switch is not faulty, then try reloading a new IOS and keep it with you for a worse case.

-amit singh

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Friend,

As you mentioned routing was not working as expected and with this statement even TAC will not be able to fin out what was the problem and what happened that time period.

Even if u sent the switch back to us it will not help you out with anything as you may get a replacement which may result in same issue. So till the time we can find out the root cause I will not recommend to send the switch back to us.

I will recommend to reload the switch once and use it in your routing domain for redundancy and by anychance if problem appears again then it will be best time to find out the root cause and they you may take decision to return the product or not.

HTH

Ankur

Thanks. I upgraded the IOS on it and have it on the network to test.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco