cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco 1040 sensor

SELOMECIS
Level 1
Level 1

i installed cisco CUOM,AND I HAVE TO INSTALL THE 1040 SENSOR BEFORE IT WORKS,I CONFIGURE THE SPAN PORT ON THE SWITCH,AND PLUG THE 1040 SENSOR,BUT IS NOT GETTING THE IP ADDRESS,AND INEED A HELP ON HOW TO COPY THE 1040 SENSOR DEFAULT IMAGE FILE TO THE TFTP SERVER WICH IS MY CALL AGENT,THE CALL AGENT AND THE CUOM ARE IN THE SAME SUBNET,SO HOW WOULD I COPY THE IMAGE FILE FROM COMMAND LINE TO THE TFTP SERVER.NEED A HELP

7 Replies 7

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Hello,

Did you install Service monitor component in the same server ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

yes i've installed the service monitor on the server,on the service monitor interface i went to setup and i enable the auto registration and call metrics archiving,i put the tftp server ip and the ip of the CUOM is on the trap receiver 1,then i went to default configuration the ip address of the CUOM is in the primary service monitor and i put the image file name SvcMonAA2_24.img,and now i went to the switch configure the span port for the sensor and the second one to the voice vlan,the switch is routing switch so i configure the option 150 for the dhcp for voice vlan,but still the 1040 sensor light is orange and blinking so i can not see anything on my service monitor.so i need help

Did you add the sensors in service monitor using their mac addresses ? Once you add this if you go to say C:\program files\CSCOpx\ImageDir you will see QOVDefault.cnf and QOV.cnf, depending on how many sensors you have. You will need to copy this manually to the Callmanager TFTP folder (if using CM as tftp server). Restart TFTP service as required if 1040 is not contacting the TFTP server.

HTH

Sankar.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

now am using the CUOM tftp server,and i can see all the sensors connected BUT I CAN NOT SEE ANY IP PHONES IN THE CUOM,AND THE SERVICE MONITOR,SO WHAT CAN I DO NOW.

Did you add the Callmanager servers either manually into the CUOM database ? Or you can run a discovery. Phones will be automatically detected from the CM database. With service monitor, you can setup Callmanager credentials and this will help discover the phones in the database. Also once you setup span port on the 2nd port of the 1040s, as the 1040 learns about each voip call, it will detect more and more phones. Each 1040 can monitor up to 400 phones.

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

yes i've added the callmanagers manually to the CUOM and still i can see any phone,but still i can not see any phone in service monitor,i configure the span port on the 2nd port of the 1040s,when i click ip phone status i dont see anyhing there,and when i click all ip phones/lines it tells me( The search resulted in zero records.)so what next can i do to see the phones in the CUOM.

Forgot to ask you if your CM version is 4.x or 5.x If using 5.x, you need to add the CUOM server as a billing server under CDR management.

If using earlier versions like 3.x,4.x, check the following link to see if you missed any steps.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6536/products_user_guide_chapter09186a00807885c6.html#wp1105377

HTh

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: