Views
Helpful
Replies

Hide the DDI number to other Party

lesterccna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Just wanna ask on how to configure in call manager such that when my Client make outgoing calls to the Other party, his/her DDI number will appear "unknown number/or private number", so that my client cannot be traced from the other party.

Thank you for your future response.

Lester.

6 Replies 6

tim.bryson
Level 1
Level 1

You can change the number using the calling number transform mask. However that will change it for all calls. You will also have to change it to another DID.

I too would like to know how to show Unknow/Private. Especially on a call by call basis.

Does anyone know if this feature exists?

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Create a route pattern such as (this is for local calls)

*679.[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX

Set calling line ID presentation to Restricted.

Set Discard digits to Predot. (Assuming its an MGCP gateway).

When user's dial *67 in front of the local number to dial, caller id will be passed, but the presentation bit is set to restricted, so the telco will mask the number.

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

I've rated the post. I knew how to do that at GW level or CCME, but had no idea for CCM / MGCP.

Thanks shanky!

Thanks for the rating Paul. That was too fast!!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Great post thanks!

It's also possible to do this with translation patterns and route filters. You will still need to do one for each regular route pattern, but it still managed to save me some typing and keep my number of route patterns down to a reasonable number.

Simply have a translation pattern of *67.9@, and copy the partition, route filter, and calling search space from the corresponding route pattern. Set Calling Line ID to restricted, and discard the PreDot.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: