Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF Rou

cheeang69
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am Two routers connected using OSPF routing. The link is 45Mbyte. Recently we added new link between these two router, which is 100mbyte link. How to I configure OSPF routing cost between the two routers?

7 Replies 7

leighharrison
Level 7
Level 7

Hi there,

Do you want to load balance over the 2, send more traffic over one than the other, or send specific subnets? If you're not too fussed about the specifics and you just want to get ospf up and running, then have a look at this link:-

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios124/124cg/hirp_c/ch15/1chospf.htm

After you've got it up and running, if you want some advice on some more advanced or specific config - give me a shout.

Let me know how it goes!

Best Regards,

LH

** Please rate all posts **

patrickvanham
Level 1
Level 1

If you use auto-cost the 100Mb link will automatically be preffered as the bandwidth is higher (auto-cost divides BW with 100 by default, so if you attach a 1Gb link it will "cost" the same as the 100 Mb). Essentially OSPF will come up and prefer the 100 Mb unless you specify cost for each link.

cheeang69
Level 1
Level 1

my main purpose is to use 100mb link as primary and 45mb link for secondary or fail-over link. Please give advice on how to setup OSPF route , Many thanks

Friend,

Run OSPF on the interface connecting to the 100MB (network statement which includes this interface subnet)link and OSPF will by default prefer the 100MB link over the 45 MB link.

The router would fallback and use the 45MB link when the primary 100Mb link fails

HTH, rate if it does

Narayan

Our OSPF is running on the tunnelXX interface between the two routers. The 100Mb link is not physically or directly connected to the router. In between the routers and the link, there are cisco 2950 switches, one on each end, and the 100mb microware wireless link is connected directly to each of the cisco 2950 switch. This is the same for 45mbyte link. Currently we are using the 45mbyte link

Can you post a brief diagram of your network

Narayan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: