Views
Helpful
Replies

HSRP

Lavanholy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can I configure HSRP in Cisco 3560 switch with standard IOS or is it require to have the enhanced IOS?

THanks and Regards,

S.Venkataraman

5 Replies 5

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Venkat,

It's supported on standard image also.

HTH

Ankur

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think you can run HSRP in the standard image as well. You dont need enhance image for that.

Enhanced image or ip service image support the following L3 features that in ip base:

Dynamic IP routing protocols for load balancing and constructing scalable LANs: Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (IGRP), Enhanced IGRP (EIGRP), and Border Gateway Protocol (BGPv4)

Policy-based Routing (PBR allows superior control by enabling flow redirection regardless of the routing protocol configured

Protocol-Independent Multicast (PIM) for IP multicast routing within a network that enables the network to receive the multicast feed requested and for switches not participating in the multicast to be pruned-support for PIM sparse mode (PIM-SM), PIM dense mode (PIM-DM), and PIM sparse-dense mode

Distance Vector Multicast Routing Protocol (DVMRP) tunneling for interconnecting two multicast-enabled networks across non-multicast networks

You should be able to configure the HSRP with IP BASE.

-amit singh

Anand Narayana
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Venkat,

if you find the following commands in the interface on ur switch, then there is no necessity for you to upgrade the IOS.

eg.

interface vlan 2

ip address 10.1.1.3

standby 1 ip 10.1.1.1

standby 1 priority 101

standby 1 timers 5 15

standby 1 preempt.

lemme giv ur feed back on this.

rate this post if satisfied.

Lavanholy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Thanks a lot,

Best Regards,

S.Venkataraman

Hi Venkat,

i think you forgot to rate the post, posting the rate will certainly help the ppl. who looks this post in near future for reference.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card