cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using 4 Gshdsl line as one data line

cihatbulut
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way using 4 Gshdsl line as one data line? I mean that I need a 8 Mbps line. But Telco provides me up to 2 Mbps Gshdsl. So I decided to use 4 Gshdsl line. So I am going to have a 8 Mbps line :?. But is it possible? How can I achieve it using Cisco?

Thanks in advance...

4 Replies 4

leighharrison
Level 7
Level 7

Hi there,

Are these links site to site or for the internet?

Also are they on separate routers or a single router?

Let me know and I'll tell you what can be done!

LH

** Please rate all posts **

Hi,

These are site to site links. Is there a way to collect all lines on a single router? Also Do you have any idea about 3 Ethernet port Router? Also it has 4 Gshdsl line capacity? I mean that a router that has 3 ethernet ports (may be more) and also 4 Gshdsl line ending?

Thanks...

Hello again!

There are 2 ways you could do this, firstly, you could configure the 4 lines to be in 1 multilink interface. Have a look here (although I'm not too usre if this would work with dsl, it should as it's over PPP, just put the dialer interfaces into the multilink group):-

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios124/124cr/hdia_r/dia_i1h.htm#wp1181734

And secondly, which would be my choice, you could just use routing. The routing protocols will load-balance over the different, separate links, giving you the 8 meg throughput. All of the main routing protocols will do this, so it depends on your routers IOS image as to which options you have.

As for the ethernet interface, depending on what kind of router you have and what kind of interfaces they are, you can configure them as a port-channel. You would then configure the same on the switch, creating an "interface port-channel" which would be a logical bundle of the 3 or more (up to 8) ethernet interfaces.

Hope that helps,

LH

** Please rate all posts **

Hi

How is the line terminating to ur premises? Is it that the telco has laid only the copper wire or they are using DLSAM?

If, they are using DSLAM at their end, then u can go for following:

Yes Cisco do have G.SHDSL range

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps274/products_data_sheet09186a00800921f0.html

You need to have a 2811 + router to have 4 cards.

Otherwise, go for a router with at least 5 ports(u need a port to connect to LAN, wont u?) in case the cisco card is incompaitable with their DSLAM. In this case, u need to use their CPEs.

Also, load balancing/sharing can be done between both of ur sites using EIGRP in any case.

Regards

JD

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card