Views
Helpful
Replies

Not able to add second PIX in Cisco Works

anil.nangia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

My client is having Cisco Works 2000 and he is trying to add second pix in Cisco works but he is facing some issue in that. I have attached the screen shot of the output of error.

3 Replies 3

jreekers
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Anil.

Although you don't mention what version of RME you are running, I'm assuming it's probably 3.5, and that you are hitting bugid CSCdv47896, to which there is a valid workaround. I'm also assuming your client is running on Solaris.

With those assumptions in mind, have the customer do the following to get past this issue:

Follow these steps:

cd to $NMSROOT/objects/dmgt/, and vi dmgtd.conf

Locate the line starting with DIServer

Change from DIServer -I -s -D 0x1 -d 0x1 to DIServer -I -s -D 0x1 -d 0x1 -a by appending

-a at the end. Notice there is a space before the -a.

Stop CiscoWorks Daemon by issuing the /etc/init.d/dmgtd stop command

Restart CiscoWorks Daemon, /etc/init.d/dmgtd start

Hope this helps, and please rate!

-Joe

Hi Joe

Sorry to provide u a very limited information about the Cisco Works.

Our client is having Cisco Works for windows 5.5 version and about RME version i dont know exactly.

if u need I will get the detail and let u know the same.

Thanks

Anil Nangia

Hi Anil.

If it's really CWW 5.5 then your client is using a VERY OLD (like 10-years-old) version of software, and I think the biggest concern would be to get him to something a little more up-to-date. If he's not running RME 3.3 or later, I probably won't be much use to you, as any version prior to that is before my time.

I think the best bet is to verify the actual version on-hand, and we can try to move forward from there.

Best regards,

-Joe

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card