PSTN or transfer Call recognition in Translation Routing

Unanswered Question
Apr 24th, 2007

Our IPCC environment is ICM 6.0 sr7 with CCM 4.0(2).

Can a CTI application recognize if the call is a direct call (eg. from PSTN) or a transferred call by another agent? In both direct or transfer routing script we effectuate a Translation Route to VRU (for a welcome message) and then the queuing to the Skill Group. In both the kind of call we have the same PeripheralCallType=2 to the agent (Pre-route ACD In) even in the transferred one (instead of value 4 = Transfer In). I'am wondering if there is a manner to distinguish the two kind of calls without mark the call in the routing script by a particulary value in a CallVariable.

Thanks for any help.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Zin.Karzazi Tue, 04/24/2007 - 02:36

How about using SQL Analyzer on your DAW and get ANI or Call.CallingLineID (need to be set as a variable on your routing script) or even the Calldisposition variable (see shema help for this). Also there is the Callmanager CDR (calledpartynumber and lastredirectnumber ..or something like this)

andrea.pace Tue, 04/24/2007 - 04:29

Thanks Zin.

the problem is this: the recognition should be effectuated in real time by the custom CTI application. We cannot use any CallVariable. In my opinion isn't there a method that allows whath we want. Tell me if i'am in mistake.

Thank a lot for your patience.

Zin.Karzazi Tue, 04/24/2007 - 04:50

you re welcome.

What do you mean with "real time by the CTI Application", do you mean the Agent Desktop (CTIOS or CAD) so the Agent can see if this a PSTN call or not, or do you mean Real Time Reporting (webview)?

andrea.pace Tue, 04/24/2007 - 05:05

Hi Zin,

the first one but with a custom CTI application (a custom dll that uses native CTI OS Cisco dlls).

Perhaps by a DN classification we could resolve the problem? For example: all DN of kind 44xxx are for direct call and 45xxx are for tranfer the calls. What do you think about?

This Discussion