cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 "lost device"

gilesc
Level 1
Level 1

Can somebody help me with the following problem.

I recently changed the name of a network switch (as the names reflect the physical location it had to be done). I then went in to ciscoworks and changed the display name of the device - at this point the device has disappeared from the device lists completely,

The device is still in the system as trying to add a new entry causes an error saying it is already in use - however it is just not displayed in any of the menus.

If I could find the device I would just delete it and recreate however....

Thanks in advance

Giles

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Is this server integrated with ACS? If so, does the device show up under Common Services > Device and Credentials > Reports > Devices not in ACS report?

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

akemp
Level 5
Level 5

Which method are you using to identify your device: loopback, DNS name, or sysname ?

Have you checked the device selector and see if that new name/ip will retrieve a device ?

Checked the device manager in RME and checked for aliased entries ?

I am identifing the device by sysname using the Management IP address to locate it in the system.

In device selector it will not return anything for the device name or the ip address.

RME does not contain any aliased entries (there aren't any error reported).

The device must be still in the system but it just not being displayed anymore.

Giles

Is this server integrated with ACS? If so, does the device show up under Common Services > Device and Credentials > Reports > Devices not in ACS report?

The server is integrated...

The device does show in that report so I have edited the acs server to reflect the new device name. it hasn't changed the report yet but I will check again in a few hours time.

You should only need to log out, then log back in to LMS to get the changes to propagate. However, it has been seen that sometimes, you need to restart dmgtd to get ACS changes to be reflected in LMS.

this has now fixed the problem, thanks for your help.

Giles

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: