Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 Questions

rob.ellison
Level 1
Level 1

Morning,

I have a couple of issues with LMS 2.6.

During discovery LMS picks up a device (actually a lot) 192.168.102.1. I also have a group and credentials set up for 192.168.102.* (this works for some devices).

However my RME failed devices report shows that telnet fails for this device and looking at device center there is only the RO SNMP string in the device credentials.

I would have thought that the Common Services Credentials should be used for this?

if not is there any way of overwriting the credentials so that it DOES use the Common Services values?

also, is there any way of generating an email after a config change? or a daily report containing config changes?

thanks,

Rob

5 Replies 5

stevejhale
Level 1
Level 1

I recently went through this scenario, I am in a situation where i wanted to collect inventory for some devices and not configs. The way out for me was to remove the default settings within RME and then apply set jobs with differing criteria to groups. For example I have a group of "telco managed" devices, I only set these to collect inventory (or snmp RO). They then do not attempt to telnet. The global defaults are removed in admin in rme. Regarding config change try the change audit report in RME or even the audit trail if you want specifics regarding who why and when.

i need all my devices to use the setting in Common Services to sync archive. the problem is that at the moment it only uses the global RO SNMP string defined in the Campus Manager discovery settings.

You will need to manually specify the additional credentials for your devices in Common Services DCR before applications such as RME will be able to fully manage them. The next release of LMS will offer a default credential system to address this problem, but for now, only the SNMP RO community string will be sent to DCR when discovery completes.

do i have to do this on the individual devices?

it cant be done though groups?

It can be done on groups and against all devices. Just go to Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management, select all the devices you want, then click Edit Credentials.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: