cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help

ngriger77
Level 1
Level 1

We have a facility in China. They don't have any servers, but they do have an internet connection with several static IP addresses.

They want to add some kind of NAS (or server) device in China which would copy/synchronize certain directories from our file server. Futhermore, they want to add user permissions so certain people can't delete the files.

Any ideas?

I was looking at Cisco's WAFS and couldn't really uderstand if that would be a good fit or not. My boss wants some info pronto so if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

I don't think you need to do anything at network level. Just setup the directories with the right permissions and use windows domain logon functionality embedded in server and PCs.

If you don't have microsoft domain set you can configure the directories as FTP and configure different users with read or write access. There any many FTP software that let you do that and some are even free.

Hope this helps, if so please rate post!

griffijo
Level 1
Level 1

I think you might be on the right track, I have used the WAE-611, with WAFS installed for several remote sites and it has worked out very well for us.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card