cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

20 gig line

wgranada1
Level 1
Level 1

Question for you to connect to a 20 gig line, I'm assuming it is a gigaman, how is that usually done? Do we connect to via a gig port on a switch to the providers equipment which goes to the gigaman connection?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes.

As a courtesy to those providing answers, please rate useful posts using the scrollbox below!

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It is probably 2 x 10 GB circuits. Very expensive but a bit less today with the new generation of 10 GB switches.

What kind of interface or how does this connect?

10 GB interfaces over fiber, there are various type of optical modules depending by the distance. Available on 3560E, 3750E, 4948, and of course the bigger switches.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

I was trying to look does a 3845 series router support a 20 gigaman...so far I don't see anything yet

So to connect a 20 gigaman connection you would need a switch like a 3750E to connect

to the providers router correct with 2X10 gig uplinks?

Yes.

As a courtesy to those providing answers, please rate useful posts using the scrollbox below!

Thank you!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: