cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding New Application. IPCC 4.0(4)

jkjackson
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to add two new applications to my IPCC express box; here is what I have done.

I created two new Applications, pointed them to two new corresponding Scripts and added a JTAPI extension to each application. In my main IPCC script I set it to when a contact makes a certain selection it is suppose to forward it to one of the new application JTAPI extensions, refreshed all scripts and applications. This is not happening. I tested each application manually by calling the associate JTAPI extension and they work. The line I am using in the main script is "Call Redirect(--Triggering Contact--To "8782")". What am I missing?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If a refresh doesn't update it, I'm not sure what to say. It almost seems like it just didn't take the update. How did you upload the new version, saving directly to the repository or uploading it via the website? If you've been doing it one way, try it the other. Is there any possibility this is a parameter variable? Are you manually setting the value from the application page or just in the script?

First thing I'd do is re-upload the thing, then run a reactive script after you refresh everything to make sure its running the version you just uploaded.

Good luck

Jim

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Fabio Funaki
Level 1
Level 1

I never tried to transfer to an CTI Route Point, I think that it could works. When I need to call another application I use the Call Subflow Step.

HTH,

Fabio Funaki

Well, I don't think it is failing there. I guess I left some information out. I am actually changing the selection. The way it was initially setup was when a person made the selection it would transfer them to a single extension. Now that i have changed it from the extension number to the CTI RP, it is like to change did take place. It is still routing it to the old extension that was there previously.

Thanks for your reply.

JK

Try refreshing both the script and the application to make sure its using the latest version that you updated.

Jim

Thanks for the reply Jim.

I did refresh them... A thousand times. Its like it is totally ignoring my sript changes and using the old values. Any other ideas?

Thanks

jk

If a refresh doesn't update it, I'm not sure what to say. It almost seems like it just didn't take the update. How did you upload the new version, saving directly to the repository or uploading it via the website? If you've been doing it one way, try it the other. Is there any possibility this is a parameter variable? Are you manually setting the value from the application page or just in the script?

First thing I'd do is re-upload the thing, then run a reactive script after you refresh everything to make sure its running the version you just uploaded.

Good luck

Jim

Jim,

Thanks again for the reply. I went in to re-upload my scripts and they have since disapeared. Where could they have gone? I didn't delete them (on purpose) and they are not in the recycle bin. What happened?

Jk

Jim,

That's what it was, i forgot to upload the modified script. I uploaded and refreshed it and it is now working. If you can't tell i am new to the IPCC system and have not had any formal training on the system, just what the implimentation team gave me.

Thanks,

JK

Happy to hear that did it. Nothing to worry about, we all start off as newbies. In this case I would also suggest looking at the parameter setting. You had to go through a lot of trouble to just change one variable. If you go into the editor and open that variable, then check the box that says Parameter, it will be easier to edit in the future. The effect is that variables with the Parameter box checked show up on the Application screen. So once its a paramter, in the future rather than having to go and edit the script and reupload it and all that, you just go to the application screen, check the box next to the variable, and type in the new value. This assumes that you set the value in the redirect step as a variable and not the explicit number.

On the other hand, if it works and you don't anticipate having to change it, don't sweat it :)

Cheers,

Jim

Jim,

It seems like it would always be best to use a variable/Parameter. I don't know why they (the people who set it up) done it like this. Most other settings are variable/parameter settings. Again, Thanks for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: