cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 for Long Distance in MGCP Gateway

lhiatt
Level 1
Level 1

I want to use a WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 to terminate a long distance T1 in an MGCP gateway. When I am setting the gateway up in CallManager, there is no option for this module. Which module should I choose?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You need another of the same module. Also VWIC2-xx-xx are now available and would provide same or better functionality.

You also need to check how many DSP do you have (do show diag to know), likely you have pvdm-16, that is not enough for 2 T1s, so you will need another PVDM-32 to be safe.

I suggest that you ask this long distance T1 to be provisioned as PRI as well so you will have all the features and ease of configuration and maintenance.

Hopes this helps, if so please rate post!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, that card is data only and cannot be used for voice. The module to use, depends on the router, what do you have ?

It is a 2811. I am using a VWIC-1MFT-T1\E1 for the PRI

You need another of the same module. Also VWIC2-xx-xx are now available and would provide same or better functionality.

You also need to check how many DSP do you have (do show diag to know), likely you have pvdm-16, that is not enough for 2 T1s, so you will need another PVDM-32 to be safe.

I suggest that you ask this long distance T1 to be provisioned as PRI as well so you will have all the features and ease of configuration and maintenance.

Hopes this helps, if so please rate post!